The Assistant Director of Marketing - Social Media will be responsible for coordinating and distributing social media content on the main Purdue Athletics and Purdue Football accounts on all platforms. This position will work closely with the football staff, creative services, strategic communications, marketing and others to develop social content that will tell the story of our teams in order to increase fan affinity and engagement. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creating, coordinating, collaborating and posting content on the main Purdue Athletics social media accounts while serving as the primary contact for the main athletic account
- Leading the Purdue football social media team, which includes developing and posting content on the Purdue football social media accounts, traveling with the team, attending practice, etc
- Driving revenue through social media for various sports
- Creating and executing a strategic plan for Purdue Athletics and Purdue Football social media accounts
- Showing off the Purdue fan experience through social media at various events
- Assisting various partners with social media campaigns on the main accounts including but not limited to Purdue Sports Properties, the Birck Boilermaker Golf Course, the Purdue Team Store, Tailgate Guys, the Purdue Auction website, etc
- Administering quality control and brand guidelines across Purdue Athletics’ digital platforms
- Working with individual sport social account managers (typically SIDs) to follow industry best practices
- Translating data into measurable analytics for optimizing performance
- Interacting with fans, alumni, student-athletes, staff, stakeholders, influencers and third-party advocates via digital channels to increase and enhance engagement
- Working with templates or standard design elements to create graphics for social media use
- Helping maintain the PurdueSports.com website, helping send Purdue Athletics emails through the Adobe FanOne System and working on various other digital media projects
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Athletic Administration, Management or related field
2 years' experience in marketing or related
Knowledge of the social media space including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to work evenings/weekends and maintain a flexible work schedule
Ability to travel out of state
Valid U.S. or Canadian driver's license
About Purdue University Main Campus - West Lafayette, IN
Purdue will not sponsor work authorization for this position.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime).
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women. Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must apply online at Purdue University to be considered.