Porchlight Music Theatre, Chicago’s center for music theatre now entering its 25th anniversary season, seeks an energetic professional for part-time (24 hours/week) Marketing Associate position, providing graphic design and marketing support to the theatre’s artistic, development, education programs. This position works closely with internal departments to strategize, develop, coordinate and execute marketing/communications efforts and materials. Full job description posted at porchlightmusictheatre.org/about/opportunity/.
- Minimum 1 year graphic design experience
- Proficient with the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects and Illustrator; comfort using Wordpress, MailChimp and/or Patron Manager are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Team-player with high level of initiative and professionalism
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as performances or events require
Additional Salary Information: Working out of our business office at our performance venue, the Ruth Page Center for the Arts (1016 N. Dearborn), this position is currently part-time with the opportunity for eventual full-time.
Send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Porchlight Music Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
About Porchlight Music Theatre Chicago
As the home for music theatre in Chicago for 25 years, Porchlight Music Theatre is nationally recognized for its work celebrating and sustaining the art of music theatre. Known for inventive Chicago premieres, boldly re-imagined classics, and the support of new musical works, Porchlight showcases music theatre’s noted Chicago veterans and rising stars, and elevates the genre by providing intimate and powerful theatrical experiences of music theatre through the lens of the “Chicago Style.” As an Artist In-Residence at the historic Ruth Page Center for the Arts in Chicago’s Gold Coast, the company counts Mainstage, Porchlight Revisits and New Faces Sing Broadway among its artistic offerings, and is growing its youth education and outreach program.