This entry-level position will provide hands-on support in external and internal communications; institutional social media; feature, press release and web content writing; media relations; client management; special events; and additional related responsibilities as part of the UT System Office of Communications and Marketing team.
Potential duties include:
▪ Assisting with research, creation and execution of messages to targeted audiences through appropriate channels
▪ Assisting with social media planning, execution and maintenance for multiple departmental and presidential accounts
▪ Assessing and responding to the needs of assigned clients and identifying, recommending and developing communications approaches to meeting client goals.
▪ Assisting with writing, research and content development for Tennessee Alumnus magazine
▪ Assisting with content generation and editing of pages of UT System websites
▪ Assisting with researching/writing periodic communications on behalf of System executives, as needed
▪ Assisting with researching/writing content for various printed publications, occasionally involving interviews with alumni, faculty, staff and students
▪ Attending and/or representing the department or University at public and private events
▪ Assisting with on-site support for media relations or internal communications at University functions
▪ Participating in public relations/marketing brainstorming and strategy sessions and
▪ assisting with the development of major communication plans
▪ Providing general support for the Office of Communications and Marketing as needed to assist in the development and execution of multifaceted projects, initiatives, and activities where extra help is required
Internal Number: 164625
Our primary mission is to move forward the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the citizens of the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world. As the preeminent research-based, land-grant university in the state, UT embodies the spirit of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, outreach, and engagement attained by the nation’s finest public research institutions.