Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Degree Programs, the Assistant Director is responsible for implementing the marketing strategies to achieve enrollment and revenue targets for Columbia Business School's Full-Time and Executive MBA programs with focus on the Executive MBA programs (New York, Saturday, Americas, Global A&E and Global Asia) and the full time MBA program marketing objectives.
1. Assists the Director in developing short- and long-term lead-generation, engagement-building, and inquiry-conversion strategies to achieve business objectives.
2. Works closely with Director to monitor KPIs on all marketing tactics: paid advertising, social media, email marketing, web statistics, event sponsorships. Collects channel data from various resources (CRM, media dashboards and google analytics) and synthesizes information in order to determine ROI and make recommendations to optimize campaigns.
3. Liaisons with media agency to traffic EMBA assets and meet media deadlines.
4. Manages, develops and executes email campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, content sourcing, scheduling, proofing, identifying target segments, preparing files from CRM system for deployment, and monitoring campaign performance and data in order to optimize future campaigns. Maintains overall health of the contact database including de-duping, cleansing/scrubbing, and appending contacts.
5. Acts as the day-to-day contact to Admissions team; coordinates email calendars for events, fulfilling yield mailings, and managing website updates.
6. Coordinates and executes all partnership/event marketing initiatives including but not limited to onsite logistics, attendee database management, pre- and post-event promotion.
7. Works with Director to process and track all invoices through to payment. Reconciles with office manager and financial planning to ensure proper budget allocation.
8. Works with Director, on the execution and project management of print, video, online, and other marketing materials and sales tools. Coordinates with the staff, faculty, designers, the advertising agency, other vendors and external suppliers; writes and/or edits communications copy; approves design and format.
9. Works with the Information Technology Group and Office of Admissions to optimize CRM capabilities to better implement and track marketing and customer strategies.
10. Participate in the development and execution of customer market research initiatives that lead toward greater insight into customer response, behavior and perception. Comfortable with managing and interpreting Google Analytics; strong Excel skills required.
11. Works with Director to manage and build internal relationships throughout the Columbia Business School.
12. Other duties as assigned.
General Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 2-4 years of directly related experience required.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: Must possess understanding and knowledge of the direct marketing process, CRM Systems, HTML and be comfortable with marketing analytics. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Must be able to work well under deadline pressure and be a self-starter who anticipates opportunities and problems and takes initiative to identify and implement creative solutions. Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on being conscientious and detailed oriented. Individual must be flexible, have a positive attitude, collaborative spirit and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Internal Number: 126_171433
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.