This position will focus on developing and executing creative and compelling Marketing plans to promote the TollTag, specialty TollTags and related products. The TollTag Marketing Strategist will pursue new distribution, sponsorship and partnership opportunities to increase TollTag market share, and brand awareness in support of NTTA’s strategic goals and business objectives. As a key member of the Marketing team, this role is focused on increasing TollTag adoption and converting ZipCash users into TollTag customers. The TollTag Marketing Strategist will oversee and manage the advertising agency, TollTag marketing budget, projects, media buys, writing of creative briefs and other related responsibilities. This role will also create, manage and execute all TollTag-related marketing programs, promotions and events. The incumbent will gather pertinent business data, analyze it and make recommendations for marketing plans, campaigns and/or content. This individual will oversee vendors responsible for NTTA’s customer rewards program and create promotional plans to increase membership and participating reward partners. Individual must have experience managing an advertising agency, contract negotiations, strategic plan development and budgeting. Effective organizational and time management skills are a must, as is the ability to adhere to tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects. Attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks with the highest quality and a sense of urgency is required of candidates. Individual must have three-to-five years of hands-on experience managing and executing advertising, strategic plan development, marketing, promotions, sponsorships and data analytics. Candidates should be prepared to provide examples of successful marketing projects and campaigns, including metrics. Reports to Senior Marketing Manager.
- Create, execute and measure effective strategic marketing plans to drive new TollTag distribution and adoption. Tactics should include sponsorships, partnership deals and use of data analytics and other methods to identify areas of low TollTag adoption and drive new TollTag accounts across the DFW area.
- Manage daily activities and planning of the external advertising agency; including but not limited to: providing strategic direction and guidance to the agency, managing the advertising budget, writing creative briefs for campaigns and other marketing initiatives. Ensure effective execution of media buys, quality agency work and adherence to deadlines. Work with agency on creating and executing promotions, tracking and reporting on campaign results.
- Create, track and disseminate weekly agency activity reports.
- Develop promotional plans with fresh, creative ideas for customer rewards program to drive customer participation and value for the TollTag product. Manage and work with customer rewards program vendor to attract and sign new reward and merchant vendors.
- Track and report rewards program metrics, make any necessary adjustments to program to ensure ROI and that all program metrics are met or exceeded.
- Track and manage the TollTag marketing budget and adherence to all procurement and budget requirements.
- Lead special projects related to business partnerships and strategic initiatives for the TollTag and related products.
- Work with external and internal partners to provide strategic support and identify/create opportunities to promote NTTA products and services.
- Develop robust plans to grow the specialty TollTag program. Work with internal managers including, Media and Public Relations, to increase distribution of all specialty TollTags.
- Research and identify new strategies and tactics to develop products and services that elevate the NTTA/TollTag brand and increase conversions of ZipCash customers to TollTag account holders.
- Analyze all campaigns and create “After Action” reports on marketing initiatives including ROI, advertising effectiveness against goals.
- Work closely with Public and Media relations managers and senior digital communications specialist to create fully integrated plans on all relevant marketing initiatives.
- Analyze current data and make recommendations throughout the year on strategy and tactics to achieve marketing goals. Recommend changes to the strategic marketing plans as necessary.
- Lead all TollTag marketing initiatives with the Public Affairs team.
- Create and execute robust, strategic plan to promote and grow Tollmate, NTTA’s app to manage TollTag accounts. Plans must include promotion of the new Spanish-language version of the app.
- Lead Marketing team’s involvement with IT department to help create and prioritize expanded Tollmate functionality.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer, supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.