Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management or Marketing or equivalent experience
• Master’s or other advanced degree in Business Administration, Education, or other related field highly desirable
• Experience in marketing program development; Market research experience highly desired
• Minimum of 10 years sales and sales management experience in technology related fields
• Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, presentation and language skills, reporting skills, and organizational discipline.
• Must demonstrate ability to work with C-level executives, academics and corporate research executives.
Skills & Other Requirements:
• Must have strong analytical skills so as to understand cost structures and their effects on pricing
• Must be a technically savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges
• Must lead by example and build influence based on trust, coaching, and direct leadership of sales
• Strong technology foundation with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, email and database packages a requirement
• Since this position involves significant interaction with customers and sales management, excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills are critical
• Excellent problem solving abilities e.g. identifying and executing solutions to highly complex problems.
• Ability to see the big picture, identify what’s needed, and develop solutions with the team and leading the execution of these solutions
• Must be willing to travel up to 35% as needed
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under Category I – office positions.
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled