At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Marketing at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Manager, Technical Marketing Group (1602739)
Reporting to the Director, U.S. Crop Technical Service, the Manager, Technical Marketing Group, offers a unique and exciting opportunity to make a significant difference to be accountable for the success of an organization. As a strategic leader, the position is accountable to both develop strategy and execute key actions that empower sustainable sales growth via a commitment to technical leadership, innovation and product stewardship.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead a group of nine Tech Service Marketing Managers / Specialists accountable for the technical positioning, support and success of assigned products.
- Be responsible for clear and consistent communication with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Biology, Regulatory Sciences and Manufacturing / Formulations.
- Be accountable for translating portfolio and product attributes into an overall, coordinated plan.
- Ensure technical positioning of products is both technically sound and in alignment with business objectives.
As a leader with BASF, you will also
- Oversee the product claims / complaint resolution process
- Provide coaching, direction and career development to nine individual contributors
- Ensure that Tech Service provides timely, accurate and consistent technical positioning for product launches
- Confirm technical objectives and positioning are both data based and in alignment with business goals
- Develop budget and resource needs annually for Tech Service research and demonstration trials to ensure products are sufficiently tested prior to launch
- Ensure communication occurs between Tech Marketing Managers / Specialists and field Tech Service reps so that we are one face to the field
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.