Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Posting Number: 17ST1359
Job Type: Full Time
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a Marketing Assistant for the Department of Surgery. The Marking Assistant will assist with marketing and communication projects to promote its faculty, residents, and staff to the community throughout the State of New Jersey.
- Researches trends and marketing strategies that will help meet organizational objectives.
- Works closely with faculty, residents, and staff to design and layout web pages, brochures, and other promotional items.
- Implements and supports media production, applications, and other educational technologies that enhance learning and communication among faculty, residents, and staff.
- Works with an IT representative to coordinate aspects of planning, developing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating the department's website.
- Assists with conceptual development, advertising/marketing and graphics in both print and electronic.
- Serves as a liaison between the Department of Marketing and Communications, IT, and the Department of Surgery.
- Facilitates the direct marketing of research activities, clinical advances, and community-outreach programs.
Home Location Campus: Newark (RBHS)
Some work experience in an academic medical center environment preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess excellent communication, writing and research skills. The ability to write articles for online and print publications, assist with social media marketing efforts, identify opportunities to brand.
Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including data entry, MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and graphic design experience. Must have an excellent command of the following software programs: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Adobe CS Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).