Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Coordinator, Student Life Marketing and Engagement position.
The Coordinator, Student Life Marketing is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Student Life department's comprehensive promotional strategy to engage students in all areas of campus life. In collaboration with other departments at the College, the Coordinator is responsible for promotion and advertisement of Student Life activities through various media; assist in the coordination of Student Life events and programs; and updating the content of the Student Life internal websites.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) years of relevant work experience is required.
• Previous experience leading the implementation of marketing and communication activities for large projects required.
• Previous experience with Adobe Illustrator (Creative Cloud) and video editing software required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
• Demonstrated experience in the design of promotional materials, specifically website development, design software, video editing software, and other promotional tools required.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent priorities required.
• Previous event planning experience required.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field is preferred.
• Relevant work experience within higher education preferred.
• Experience in graphic design strongly preferred.
• Knowledge in the use of Aavelin, or similar software, is preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.