The Director of Marketing and Communications promotes Montgomery School’s mission, vision, goals, strategies, brand, and culture. The Director is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all of the School’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. The Director coordinates with the admissions, development, and academic offices on the editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all School communications and messaging at both the strategic and tactical level. The Director of Marketing and Communications is a member of the Administrative Team and reports to the Head of School.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the School’s image and positively position the School within the marketplace and the general public.
- Organize and oversee the timely production of all admissions, marketing, and communications activities and materials.
- Coordinate the appearance and ensure consistency of all School print and electronic materials including the website, letterhead, logo, materials, etc.
- Regularly conduct relevant market research, monitoring trends and emerging strategies within the independent school community.
- Responsibility for all media relations and PR strategy.
- Develop and coordinate the means to seek regular input from the School’s key constituencies regarding the quality of materials, programs, and services.
- Develop short and long-term communications and marketing goals, objectives and budgets, and monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Serve as an ambassador for the School and its mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An independent school founded in 1915, Montgomery School provides a supportive and stimulating environment for 240 students in Prekindergarten through grade 8. The school is known for its commitment to the whole child with a strong academic program and its willingness to challenge students with high standards in a balanced, well-rounded program. In a recent employee engagement survey at Montgomery, 95% of employees indicate they feel their work positively impacts students lives and 93% indicate they are satisfied with the culture within the adult community.
Montgomery School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to forward diversity through its programs and hiring. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Sally Keidel, Head of School (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please only include DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS in the subject line of your email. No phone inquiries please.