- Following the overall Sales and Marketing strategic objectives develop and implement specific tactical sales plans for negotiating sales and contracts for the Health Solutions portfolio. Work closely with the overall Sales and Marketing leadership to identify and close sales and deliver products within established guidelines to meet sales objectives.
- Work with Sales and Marketing leaders and respective groups to facilitate complex contract negotiations with customers. Optimize lead development and flush out incoming data leads and opportunities. Develop plans and implement new client types, pricing structures, and contract verbiage.
- Manage day-to-day sales activity to achieve revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Document sales activity related to customer relationship management to accurately reflect client contact information and progress in the sales cycle in SalesForce. This includes call activity, discrepancy processing, and order fulfillment. Engage in analysis of reporting systems and call monitoring/quality assurance program to measure performance as required.
- Develop and implement sales skills to maximize effectiveness of participation in internal & customer meetings as well as attendance at trade shows and conferences.
- Contribute to sales and marketing strategy, pricing decisions, competitive analysis by providing/reporting trend information and market intelligence gained through the course of doing business. Offer ideas regarding new products and product enhancements to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field required.
- Minimum 5 years of business-to-business direct sales, product development, business development and/or marketing experience with emphasis in the health insurance or hospital market preferred. Established industry contracts in the targeted market place
- Polished selling skills, including strong presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills with C-Level executives. Demonstrated ability to initiate, negotiate, and close sales and strategic partnerships with large corporate accounts. Able to relate well with all levels of customers.
- In-depth understanding of current environment in healthcare delivery for insurance and managed care organizations including accreditation standards, data needs for network management, departmental coding requirements and support needs, etc.
- Specific knowledge of Credentialing and/or Coding data providers in the insurance/managed care or hospital marketplace highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in direct sales, customer relations, sales/market analysis, forecasting and results reporting.
- Must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage time to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Excellent independent multi-tasking capability and organization skills. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively without supervision.
- Travel required 15 - 20% of the time; may include lengthy car travel.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply to https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=391&source=DMA. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION