The AACSB accredited School of Business at Stockton University invites applications for a full-time tenure track assistant or associate professor of business to teach marketing courses effective September 1, 2017. An earned doctorate in marketing or a related discipline (ABD candidates will be considered, at the instructor level until the doctoral degree is completed). Evidence of potential for teaching, research and service in the marketing field is required. Related industry work experience is plus, as is exposure to or experience within the liberal arts.
The position involves teaching Marketing Analytics and Marketing Research at the undergraduate and MBA level on a regular basis as well as other undergraduate and graduate marketing courses based on candidate interest and program need. Moreover, all Stockton faculty members are required to teach courses in the university’s interdisciplinary general studies program as well.
Along with building a track record of excellence in teaching, School of Business faculty members are expected to produce high-quality publications in marketing, business or education journals and present peer-reviewed work at appropriate academic conferences. Other faculty duties include providing university service, as well as maintaining liaisons with appropriate professional groups and industry partners.
Stockton University is an innovative liberal arts, natural sciences, and professional studies university and is currently ranked among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. The University is located on 1600 acres within the Pinelands National Reserve in southern coastal New Jersey. The campus is about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. Stockton University is known for distinctive academic programs and an interdisciplinary approach to learning and scholarship.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest detailing the candidate’s specific skills and interests related to the position
- A curriculum vita
- Documents showing evidence of teaching effectiveness
- One paper that represents your research capabilities (if available)
- Three letters of recommendation
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.