Serves as a member of the athletics administrative team planning, implementing, and executing activities to improve game atmosphere and improve brand awareness and attendance at all MSU athletic events.
Marketing and Promotions.
1. Responsible for all marketing, promotions, and branding of Beaver Athletics (individual teams) and Beaver Boosters through traditional media and social media (web site, radio, TV and newspapers). Construct advertising campaigns and selected areas of media planning. Coordinate with Internal Operations the use of all in-kind advertising for the department. Coordinate tracking of contracted spots between sponsors and our radio, TV and newspaper outlets and game-day programs.
2. Coordinate and supervise all in-game, half-time, and special event promotion to include planning, design, and execution of a strategies to improve crowd awareness and gameday environment.
3. Supervise and coordinate all video board content.
4. Responsible for the development of Game-Day marketing scripts. Coordinate with Assistant Director of Athletics – Communication and Media Relations (ADA-CMR) with overall event script and timeline.
5. Lead in the development and design of all marketing materials.
6. Develop and maintain all aspects of the athletics department’s licensing program; including coordination with external vendors.
7. Assist in organization, coordination, and administration of special events primarily related to marketing and development, working closely with the leadership of the Beaver Booster Club.
8. Supervise student spirit group and incentive program.
9. Leverage website and other new media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) to broaden MSU exposure and access potential revenue streams.
10. Work with Head Coaches to organize community outreach and engagement activities for student-athletes.
11. Work with Head Coaches, Associate Director of Athletics – Internal Operations (ADA-IO) on promoting MSU camps. Oversee all camp brochure design.
12. Coordinate activities for mascot, cheer, and dance teams (and Band when necessary).
13. Liaison with Band Director.
14. Team with the Assistant Director of Athletics – Development (ADA-DEV) to serve as liaison to the University Advancement and Marketing Office.
Athletic Ticket Sales
1. Supervise all athletic ticket sales for Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, and Wrestling.
2. Serve as primary sales and marketing director for season and general ticket sales.
3. Develop and implement an annual strategy to increase ticket sales. Develop strategies for better servicing our present ticket holders and expand season tickets in other sports.
4. Oversee sponsor and season ticket holders’ tickets and parking allocations for regular and post-season play.
5. Coordinate sale and renewal of all club seats, courtside seating, and entertainment suites.
6. Coordinate the design ticket brochures and schedule cards or posters, associated with ticket sales.
7. With coordination with DIA and ADA-IO, negotiate necessary contracts for ticket software packages that best serve the athletics department, including a means by which tickets may be sold on-line to our customers.
1. Secure, assign, train, and supervise Graduate Assistants, part-time employees, student workers, and interns associated overall function.
2. Develop and oversee athletic marketing, tickets, and promotions budget.
3. Coordinate all activities within institutional, conference, and NCAA guidelines.
4. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform duties and responsibilities described above:
1. Have experience in Intercollegiate Athletics to understand the areas of game management, scheduling and planning.
2. Possess computer skills for word processing, data bases and spreadsheets.
3. Experience in graphic design and video development.
4. Demonstrated abilities to supervise and manage staff.
5. Have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal and organizational skills.
6. Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Periscope, etc. and their uses as it applies to intercollegiate athletics.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Sports Management or related field is preferred. Bachelor's Degree required. Experience in Intercollegieat Athletics to understands the areas of game management, scheduling and planning. Prefer candidates with proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. A criminal history background check must be completed prior to employment. To apply be visit http://www.minotstateu.edu/hr/jobs.shtml?category=3000+Professional
About Minot State University
Located in north central North Dakota, Minot State University is a place where east meets west. Nestled on the northern edge of the Mouse River Valley, the campus stands at the heart of the "Magic City."
The city of Minot - nicknamed the "Magic City" for its phenomenal growth during the early 1900s - is a regional center for commerce, culture, healthcare, agribusiness and industry. Minot is home to Minot Air Force Base and is a key service provider in the burgeoning Bakken oil play that's made North Dakota's economy one of the strongest in the United States.
Vision 2013 is the map that navigates the success of MSU. Offering more than 60 undergraduate majors and several graduate degrees, we've positioned ourselves to meet growth in fields such as criminal justice, education, management, nursing, social work, the sciences, energy economics and finance and management information systems. Graduates from our master's program in speech-language pathology are highly sought after.
We provide students an exceptional education at one of the most affordable prices in the nation. We are committed to individual student success: with a student-teacher ratio of 14:1, class sizes are opti...mal for hands on learning. We encourage student involvement in research; we emphasize campus and community engagement; and our strong athletic programs participate in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference in the NCAA Division II.
MSU is an international campus, with students from 28 countries - many from Canada. Most U.S. students hail from North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota. Nearly all 50 states and several Native American tribes are represented in our student body and on our faculty. In return, we have a strong study abroad program allowing MSU students to study nearly anywhere in the world.
Minot State University: A place to have the experience of a lifetime.