Located in Downtown Cleveland, the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and Global Center for Health Innovation offers 390,000 total sq. ft. of prime space. Connected to the 600-room Hilton Cleveland Downtown and within walking distance of nearly 5,000 hotel rooms, Cleveland’s convention center campus is a convenient location to host small executive meetings or large industry tradeshows.
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for the Director of Sales at the Cleveland Convention Center and Global Center for Health Innovation. The position oversees the development, implementation and effectiveness of overall sales plan, campaign and initiatives for the facilities and is responsible for the sales department’s performance in meeting the needs of clients and achieving established sales benchmarks and goals.
If this could be a great opportunity to extend your professional reach, please use the link to view the full position overview and apply at SearchWide.com.
• Demonstrated ability to meet the requirements of the primary job responsibilities.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Hospitality, Management or related field required.
• Minimum of 10 years sales related experience required, preferably in hospitality industry.
• Acts as primary liaison with CVB, Hotel Partners, and other industry stakeholders in the community.
• Proven ability to develop effective plans and programs for long and short term sales.
• Proven success and ability in penetrating markets and soliciting, negotiating and booking business.
• Minimum of 5 years of successful supervisory experience.
• Proven experience and ability in leading, managing and supervising, and motivating a sales team in alignment with organizational goals.
• Professional presentation and appearance.
• Ability to make effective presentations to board level executives. • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong financial skills in budgeting and evaluating business/accounts.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and work processing software.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 2801
About Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
SearchWide is a full service executive search firm primarily for companies in the travel, tourism, hospitality, convention, trade association, venue management, experiential marketing, sports and entertainment industries. We specialize in C-Level and Director level executive searches for companies ranging in size from Fortune 500 corporations to mid-sized public and private companies and associations.
Headquartered in the Twin Cities and several regional offices, we’re able to serve clients and candidates nationwide. Founded in 1999, we have remained focused on our four core values for almost two decades: INTEGRITY, ETHICS, PASSION and RESPECT.