The Marketing and Communications Coordinator supports the development, implementation and evaluation of communications and marketing projects and activities for system or care site services, including, but not limited to, digital and social formats, direct marketing, marketing communications, collateral, fulfillment advertising, market research, market strategy, news releases, and events promotion management. Also provides administrative support as it relates to maintaining contractual commitments, vendor relations, meeting management and cross-functional organizational communications.
Planning & Development
1. In support of system and/or care site Marcom teams, assist in the development and execution of annual marketing and communication plans.
2. Work collaboratively with system and care site Marcom staff to develop programs and strategies that support organization's goals and objectives.
3. With Vice Presidents or Regional Director, develops and implements marketing and communications tactical plans.
4. Support the planning and organization of special events, open houses, dedications, displays and tours, developing the appropriate goals and emphasis of each event.
5. Work with internal and external vendors, e.g., advertising agencies, e-business corporations, printers, direct mail houses, etc., to coordinate the execution of communications and marketing projects.
6. Update Internet website content with current news, new services and relevant system content web and content services; coordinate updates with system web services as necessary.
7. Write, edit select digital/print content and basic communications. Tailor communications according stakeholder audiences.
8. Update care site Marcom content on all digital platforms (includes The Landing).
9. Take photographs, oversee production of print, coordinate photography to meet publication deadlines and maintain image storage.
10. Composes professional correspondence and supports other interdepartmental communications.
11. Schedules appointments, arranges meetings, meeting preparation and assists in developing agendas.
Located in Broomfield, CO.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
2-5 years of effective experience.
Demonstrated competence in written, oral and electronic communication skills.
Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage priorities and utilize time effectively.
Working knowledge of market dynamics, current marketing/communication principles, digital, social and traditional formats.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.